Family mediation helps families in conflict understand and communicate with each other better so they can make practical plans for the future. Our trained mediators understand the complexity of family life, separation, divorce and family restructuring. They won’t take sides, make judgements or give guidance. They work with families in conflict to help them communicate more effectively with one another and consider options that will help them work through their differences.
Mediation can help minimise conflict, improve family life and help avoid long, painful and expensive legal battles. However, if you do go to court, even at that stage the sheriff can encourage you to attend a mediation service.
If you are experiencing any of the following situations, our family mediation service could help you and your family:
- My partner and I have just separated. We’ve tried talking about arrangements for the children, but we just get angry and one of us storms out.
- Since I moved out, my partner hasn’t let me see my children. I miss them so much.
- I’m a grandparent. Since their parents’ break-up, I haven’t been able to see my grandchildren.
- I don’t want to go to court if I can help it. Can mediation help us avoid it?
- We separated a while ago, but our arrangements have broken down. We need help to renegotiate them.
- My ex was the main breadwinner. What will happen to the kids and me if the money stops?
- My ex and I both have new relationships now. We need to make new plans for our children.
- Since Mum and Dad broke up, they don’t listen to me any more. I feel like running away.
Get in touch if you’d like to chat about our family mediation services or to book an appointment with one of our professionals.